Wednesday 2 March 2011

Sound daft?,….. you got it,….. it is barmy.



Birthdays can be something or nothing and we all hanker for a blistering event which in reality probably fizzes out by breakfast with the prospect that it may rally as the postman hesitates outside the house just before lunch.  This weekend my Mum had her 85th birthday carved in stone and written in the starry sky with a day of celebration she will be proud to remember as a testament of her love and devotion to her six children and their families. Mike and I took that terminally boring channel crossing to be with her and had the honourable status of, distant relative on a visit, making catching-up so much more fun. We both felt, as always, that we are part of something far bigger than us being part of a big family that has love at the hub


my son Chris, my brother in law Geoff, and my husband Mike...... all Bakers
Although this was a “Field “ generated event it was touching to see that the Baker boys still stand at the same height and if you look closely there is a strong resemblance and that constantly makes me a little giddy as to how often that happens, my cousin Jo once commented that I laugh just like her Mum and that shoots me off on a journey following my dad’s blood lines but if you stand me next to my Mum I am undoubtedly made in her image, and as long as I keep her strength and positive outlook on life then I am happy with that. 


A family visit  is all too soon over and  it is time to go home  but we had a great weekend and Mim and Dick were the best B&B in town.
We picked up our friends John and Linda who got a lift back with us and are spending a few days here in Brevands. The journey home was made all the more less boring by sharing it with friends and the time slipped by so before we knew it we were tucked up in your lovely warm beds ready for the next adventure. I saw my Mum on Skype yesterday and she is still on the ceiling and in true 85year old style is partying on regardless. Thank you to my brothers and sisters for organising a great weekend and I am now on that confounded diet preparing for the next family event in April.
Today, despite the soft condition of the field, we moved one of our mobile  homes out of the JCB working zone. It is now  where it can be pushed into it’s permanent place when the work is done. John and Linda were there to make this a group task and it went well and we now have to move 10 tons of gravel to somewhere else to make room for another 15 tons of a different grade of gravel, sound daft?,….. you got it,….. it is barmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment