The evenings are markedly closing in, we have a tonne cheap coal from Belgium waiting to be delivered and the crop is getting to the point of final pickings. We have no idea what to do with this barrow full. There is a Halloween party to go to and we are throwing a guy faulks night here so we will do the traditional thing and shove candles in the goulie faces that Mike is going to have to make for me. The friend who gave me the seeds for these pumpkins was organising a panto of Cinderella for Christmas but it has been postponed and my prize pumpkin will not tread the hallowed boards of a panto stage after all, I was “well gutted”
After a few false starts due to crock knees weather and Lerclerc we finally got Beema’s delivery trip from Cherbourg to Dielette under way. We had to leave at the crack of dawn on Friday to catch the best of the tides and managed to get around the Hague and onto our new birth in six hours. On the way we had a little problem with an over heating engine so Mike pulled back on the revs to keep her cool enough to up the revs when we got to the over falls but we only had one rough encounter and as we were having such a lovely ride despite the complete lack of wind we stayed at low revs and poodled all the way. A little bird came to join us and stopped for a breather. He crash landed into the cock pit then sat on the gunnels for quite some time before setting off again to warmer climes
Well there she is all tucked up in a lovely port surrounded by old houses and sea walls we are very happy and were trying to work out a way of keeping her, we do that every time we take her out, but we have a man coming to look at her on Saturday and I will have to watch that Mike does not try too hard to put him off…
We are still up to out necks with Leclerc. They have sent us a registered letter saying that we will need to pay them 250 Euro in order to buy the licence for a new Windows Seven program. They confirmed in the letter that there had been a serious act of fraud but did not state who was responsible so we just need to pull out and deal with this ourselves. I called them this morning to say that we would collect the PC and go directly to Microsoft for the licence but the director of the Carentan branch said that if we did not write a statement with the facts of the complaint in French then we could not have our computer back. Mike and I went to the police to ask if he had the right to hold our PC to ransom like that and they also turned on us and said the director had called them this morning to say that they would need an officer to attend if Mike turned up to collect his PC and that I was to go alone…..can you believe it. We cancelled the appointment and wrote a response to the quote for new software saying that we would not be accepting their expensive offer and wanted our property back. If by Thursday we have not got it back then we can accuse them of theft.