Saturday 5 March 2011

Frustrating isn’t it.



Both Mike and I are stiff and hurting, it is not just a specific muscle it is a complete body ache and to complicate things a little we didn’t get to bed much before two in the morning and I am still trying to justify why, if it slows us down this much the next day.  We are urgently waiting for a Euro transfer into the bank, it is like the old days waiting to get paid and hoping your employer had remembered to put your wage slips through the system, We had the Butagaz tanker turn up unannounced last week and I allowed him to fill our tank knowing we didn’t have enough to pay him straight away so I called the loosely named, help line, and  asked for an extension on the payment and they agreed to wait until the fifteenth of the month so we went to the UK had a great time and came back to a very red bank account and a customer services call to say that they were ever so sorry but they took the money anyway. My French transforms into smooth intelligent fast and eloquent patois of my own when I am fired up and although they have promised to put a five day pay delay on our next delivery I have told them that I will turn the lorry away if they don’t give me ten days notice that they are coming. All that was very boring so here is something very exciting,  I planted a box of box today.


 We took hedge cuttings in November 2009 and here they are all confused and shoved together in pots for the winter on the hot bed in the potting shed. The process after that is to re-pot each cutting into it’s own pot  six months later and leave to develop a root system in the sunshine. I had this precious product of mine lined up along the side of the poly tunnel all summer and decided to move them to the gravel on the drive a week before the snow came in 2010 and with the avalanche of white stuff falling off the tunnel I would most certainly have lost the lot, 100 meters of hedge, lost. Today though, I took 12 of the best and planted them close together so that this time next year I will be able to trim them into a box shape. Mike suggested I could trim them into a wedge shape but a wedge of box does not sound as incredible as a box of box




This is the view from the kitchen window of one of our mobile homes. The JCB man is due on the 23rd and we still have all that gravel to move but I am so excited about the whole project. My mate in the village called by to see if they might be ready for August as she has a friend who wants to spend his holiday here in Brevands, I was a little shruggy shouldered over her enquiry because we have no news from the water board or the electric people and our applications went in over a month ago, so slow response and noncommittal was the only way I could deal with her request….. frustrating isn’t it.

No comments:

Post a Comment