Thursday 10 March 2011

And for that we are deeply sorry.



I spent time in the poly this afternoon after a whistle stop 200 kilometre round trip to the other end of the Manche to look at a tractor that, after all that, is no good. It occurred to us both as we meandered our way home ignoring all of Lovely’s suggestions for a quick and easy route home that had Mike been able to discuss the tractor’s age and type on the phone he might have guessed it was going to be wrong for us but then we would not have had such a lovely ride out and had time to talk about our plans. I consider the car as our board room as we get many ideas thrashed out and the seeds of a plan are sewn during a journey as we had today. So after our ride out I set off to the poly tunnel  to pot up my lavender. In September and October last year as I collected seeds from anything that had seeds, and also took cuttings of anything that looked like a potential success , I dutifully poked them into pots of sandy soil and then left them in the poly for the winter to make roots, and they all have. I potted up forty lavender that I will now leave in pots but outside until this time next year and then they will become my fragrant garden at wind break corner. Isn’t it great to have a year plan.  Yesterday I went through my hedge plants that we propagated in November 2009 and I have seventy privet and forty box so we can now start making  hedging plans.   
   


I am waiting for the frost to be less of a threat  before setting out my sweet peas for this year,  they are growing like mad and here I am in mid March with my vest on in 60 degrees pottering about, no pun intended. Can’t say that glamorous gardener comes to mind looking at the state of me here.  I do tend to strip off in the heat re-clip my hair several times, get mud all over my face and there is the result.

Last night I started the dodgy task of putting Beema on the market. I put her on as many free sites as I could find and then this morning I got a mail from an agent in St Malo who would like to see her with the view to selling her for us, for a fee of cause.  I must say that Mike is taking this all very well but I feel that I am treading on egg shells as I arrange meetings and fill in forms but he knows and I know that if we want to stay here in Brevands she has to go and for that we are deeply sorry.



No comments:

Post a Comment