Sunday 1 May 2011

In fear of it fading.


Here we are then, on the brink of safety from frost but still risking the opportunity to plant, plant, plant. I spent a very satisfying two hours in the tunnel today during a small rain shower and was delighted that mother nature was looking after her own so I would not have to water later. I made good progress as my little flowers in their tiny plug pots were getting past their first flush of growth so I  re-planted into more appropriate sized pots before the final move into the garden next week.  On the subject of gardens, today we went to Sebeville Chateau for a “Vide jardin”. This is a new concept in car booting where the general public can sell their plants and garden toosh in the most astounding surroundings.


 This Chateau is being renovated by a French family who by all accounts been at it for the past seven years. They live in the stables looking at the house but I’m afraid I would not be able to resist the temptation to move in, it looked completely empty so I guess they have more control than me. We bumped into Anna and William and I also saw a fellow chorister. It occurred to me that we come to a chateau in the middle of nowhere and we meet people we know, and it felt good and it felt right.






In contrast to the huge chateau, Sebeville has the smallest of Mayor' offices I have come across.  There is a rumour that the small village mayors are going to be phased out over the next few years and villages will share a mayors office which logically means that some of these little gems will all but disappear so I have committed to taking a picture for posterity when we see one.











Just for luck this is the little village of st Martin de Varreville having their annual vide grenier and flying the flag outside their Mayors office.

On Friday I met up with ¾ of our reading club for a girly day in front of the TV to celebrate the royal wedding. We all took a contribution to lunch and bottle of champers. We arrived at 10:30 and left at 5:30 completed trashed and very happy with our days work of national pride albeit from abroad. We must confess to shedding a tear at the spectacle of William and Catherine getting hitched but we also shared our love for the Royal family and even stood up glasses charged and sang the national anthem and I for one had a hoot and now have a solid and hysterical memory of the day

My sisters brought me memorabilia from the UK to celebrate the day and we were all a bit taken by this tea towel that I will never use in anger, in fear of it fading. 

1 comment:

  1. Great minds think alike and all that!
    See you soon
    xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete