Saturday 14 May 2011

I laughed even more…..love you honey…….

When Mike and I left the UK six years ago to start this brand new life in France we didn’t realise how important a good bunch of mates is, in your life. Having been sociable party animals in our Port Solent life we just thought it would all happen very easily here and Mike  often talked about having a big table across the drive and frankly I thought we would never achieve such social significance but just look what happened yesterday.

In real French style we sat twenty people to a lunch, consisting of every couple bringing a curry for two with them. We put all the contributions on the table, I made rice and thanks to my friend Linda’s advice I used my Tupperware salad keeper to prepare enough rice for twenty, plus seconds and I was the hostess with the mostess even though I say it myself. There are two pieces of equipment from Watten that we decided to keep, the commercial coffee maker and the Bain Marie and we have now pulled both items out of storage and made good use of them, thank you to Mike for stopping me from trying to sell.
      ”party on Viv”   is my motto from now on.

After coffee we all decanted with our glasses of wine and those with the competitive spirit came with their own sets of Boule and we attempted a fun and fast game of girls against boys, who incidentally, are the most awful cheats but fun was had by all and every body got to chuck a couple of Boule to christen our new piste and now I am going to try to start a league amongst ourselves and with two other Boule parks in our midst this could be a fun way to see a retirement afternoon well spent.



At four O’clock Mike’s cake arrived made by our friend Ami. I asked her to make a creation and could she find a design with tractor or mower and this is the result. It was tooo lovely to eat but we did and Mike now wants a red tractor for his collection and I said….NO.





The last of our guests left at eight thirty and Mike and I  got stuck in and washed and cleared up but  left everything clean on the table, which, if I don’t call up some deep set energy will sit there for days.  Mike is always appreciative of the amount of work and planning that goes into a gathering like this and is slowly putting things back in the cupboards and I think that is great because now he knows where things are, result I’d say.
Mike says thank you for all the best wishes and love sent. Dean thought that this BIG party was to celebrate Mike’s 50th  birthday and I laughed till I cried then every one around him said that he really doesn’t look a day over 50 and I laughed even more…..love you honey…….




No comments:

Post a Comment