Wednesday 13 April 2011

you know, we probably will.



The mobile homes are now in their final position, it was all a bit fraught, they are heavy, cumbersome and delinquent objects and it took a lot of planning and walking the course to get a set of plans on the table. Mike had a bright thought that he could move the tow bar from the front of the van to the back so he could push and not pull, apparently that would give him more control and I was all for that. So we went up and took the tow bar off the front to go on the back and blow me down it did not fit and not just by a small way but by miles so we abandoned plan A and slipped into plan B. We coupled up the car and pushed and pulled and pushed and pulled until they both lay within a nats whotsit of the exact position Mike had marked out.  I was in charge of  aesthetics and spent my time making sure the wheels were clear of newly dug trenches and then stood at the front doors to confirm the desired view and role played a happy holiday maker just out of bed on a bright sunny morning in Brevands.  We have had a letter from the Electricity people who now require a signed document from the Maire to say that he has authorised our project. Mike was very keen to get down to the Mairie today as it is only open to the public two afternoons a week. I humphed and puffed a bit as I so did not want to be out today, we are planning a trip and I had four bags of plants to dig in. Ann had triaged through her garden and wanted me to have her plants to recycle into mine so they were really ready to go and I was determined to get them in. Mike was busy digging trenches to lay his tubes and pipes and I was planting an array of flora when we heard the Maire’s motorbike coming down the road.  I managed to wave him down and ask for the authorisation we required, we showed him the installation so far and generally sweet talked him, because that what you do when the Maire comes round.  Our chap is a hoot and I respect and love him for being the patriarch of our petite commune and turning up so that I did not have to go to him and  he loved how our project had developed and was enthused and happy then suggested we could have an inauguration party, porte ouverts with a fete for the commune and I stepped back and cooled off and suggested we might like to think about that, and you know, we probably will.

No comments:

Post a Comment