Wednesday 20 April 2011

We really had a good time. Thank you






Events and auspicious occasions come and go in ones life but to have been invited to take part in my younger Brother’s marriage to his long lost love puts auspicious into a new league. I was truly looking forward to our trip to the UK to share in this happy ceremony of linking Billy and Maxine under one surname and despite the agony of what to wear and how to wear it I pulled through wearing my Mother of the bride get up I wore in 2005 knowing that, that sort of look is ageless, or hopeless depending on the angle you viewed me from. I have lost weight since those way back years so I felt not only OK to go, but actually a bit more comfortable than I did six years ago although I still can’t manage the pain and dare I say agony of teetering about on stiletto heals for twelve hours and by the time we had concluded all the fun of the fair activities of a well oiled wedding planners creation I swear I thought I would never walk again. 



Mike was in charge of catching a few pictures for us as the entire day was being loaded onto flash cards and mega sticks and I am looking forward to getting a definitive version of the day to re-live the moment at my leisure, but this one picture just said it all to me. My Mum and Sister in awe of the moment as Mr and Mrs Field walked out of the ceremony room and at that moment we knew Billy would not back out and Maxine could not get cold feet, the coin was struck with new currency of love and devotion that we will all share with them for the rest of our lives.






We stayed with Mike's Mum and Brother for these few days and they fed and watered us  listening to my constant references to plants and gardens and gardens and plants and when I went out and stole white bells from their borders  I am sure they will be thinking twice before committing to us visiting again, but we really had a good time. Thank you





No comments:

Post a Comment