Friday 2 September 2011

to start all over again.




Oh Blimey, you can’t keep an active bloke down.  I have been trying to keep Mike firmly attached to his arm chair allowing only  assisted walks into the garden to take air and realize how much work he has to do when he is finally up on both legs, but he escapes now and then and I caught him feeding the tomatoes in the cart, bad boy.  The nurse popped in yesterday and took off a mile of bandage to reveal two tiny entry wounds and a bit of swelling. Poor girl just laughed out loud and said this is nothing and we all laughed with her feeling that perhaps her bed side manner was a little out of practise.  We were in day two and still felt we wanted a bit of ohhh and ahh and “that must hurt”, but no, she slapped on some anti something and gave Mike two of the biggest big boy plasters you’d ever seen and said she would be back on Saturday.



HOSS was grumbling excessively on the drive yesterday, I was in the poly tunnel potting up 44 baby strawberry plants and Mike was obeying orders watching daytime TV. HOSS barked and barked and in the end I came out and he took me to the post box which I dutifully opened and dragged out the usual junk mail which we quite like to read so we know where the best deals are, There was a letter from some friends of my Mum’s who had tried to send her best wishes from Belgium to Brevands but they missed her by two days which was a shame. The address was a bit of an essay and there was a little note to thank the post man for deciphering the dubious address  but it still got here late.  
The last letter was, at last, our consuel conformity form and now we can put our order in to get the electricity turned on in the mobile homes…what a relief. I called EDF all afternoon yesterday to put a request for my electricity contract but constantly got the reply that despite all their efforts they could not put me through. In the UK I might have just walked to another supplier but in all these situations for us, here, it is best the devil you know.  This morning I called and got a very willing customer services lady who on hearing my sigh of disappointment with a connection date of the twentieth said “Oh wait, I can see there is a possibility for the twelfth”. Had she clock the date that this nightmare started, well maybe she had


In Mikes hand is a mouse the cat was playing with, in the background is the cat wondering where the mouse has gone,  the reason we noticed this goings-on was that, the cat had sat back to  allowed the dog to join in the fun I was in the yard and called HOSS off and then we thought it may be kinder to put the mouse back in the garden,  for the process to start all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment