Saturday 10 September 2011

I don’t want him to have her…..Oh Dear…..



They do say that as you get older time flies by without a bye or leave,  and at this rate I must be knocking on 100. We just cannot imagine where this week has gone except that Mike is putting his feet up and we are both getting really into those antique programs on UK lunch time TV and my all time favourite Escape to the Country. I can immerse myself into a program like that, have an opinion and it not effect my life in any way except that the red cabbage are not being harvested and that huge bowl of Tomatoes are looking very red and in need of processing.

One of my best plants in the garden is the pampas Grass and we wait all summer watching the plumes develop and then without the courtesy of letting us see it in full plumage the wind dashes through and knocks the blighter over. What a disappointment,  last year the plumes saw us right though the snow and we were forced to cut them down one very cold day in fear that the ice might damage the plant crown, but it looks like half the plumes will be gone before the snow comes. Autumn is really here and the apples are tumbling off the trees. I made a call to Jacqueline, our cider  making boss,  to confirm that  she is happy to do cider again this year, she says she will start picking her apples now. Jacqueline  is in her mid eighties and takes her wheel barrow up into her orchard and picks tons of apples before us softies have even thought about it. We are seeing Graham this week and will put a picking plan in place so all those who want to play this year can get involved.



The Mobile Homes are now ready to be used. The engineer from EDF came and popped in the breakers and turned us on.  After all the troubles we have had getting thus far he did not even ask to see our certificate and I felt like ramming it in his face but he was the innocent party with the simple task of switch us on.  I would not let him leave however until Mike had assured me that the lights worked. I tried to explain why we were being so stupid about his visit but it went over is head and he sauntered off to switch somebody else on.










We popped up the boat to check her over and to prepare for her move to Dielette. We have been on the waiting list there for 4 years and our turn came up and as it costs no more than Cherbourg and Dielette is a far prettier place we have decided to take a change of port. Beema is still for sale and I have an interested party wanting more pictures of the inside and now I have taken  the pictures I don’t want him to have her…..Oh Dear…..



No comments:

Post a Comment