Monday 19 September 2011

book us up for 2012. What a relief.


What is going on,



 spring is in the air and we have not yet hit autumn. Mike came in the other day and declared that there was some funny stuff going on.



Our male Mandarin Duck did his season, unsuccessfully I might add as his daughter did not produce any chicks and he managed to loose his wife, but unperturbed he turned all his colour off and went grey and female looking which is actually the correct way of carrying on if you are a male Mandarin Duck. I spotted him however, in the pond showing off a spring like colour scheme and it is, all wrong. We have also spotted daffodil leaves in the back yard, poppies on the mound and September Gladioli….











Whist Mike and I have been in positively war like postures over our computer still captured and imprisoned at Leclerc I got to thinking about my Mac chugging along on steam power and it started to bother me that I had not done a recent back up of my photos so I set to one evening and glad to say I am all up to date just as the CD reader and writer decided to get a error complaint and shut down.
Just look at this collection of precious cargo stored in a grab bag under the stairs so that we can keep our memories. I just hope that by the time we are infirmed and content to sit all day just reminiscing that the CD won’t be obsolete and this pile of precious discs won’t  just be a pile of junk.






I am really pleased to announce that both Mike and I are feeling a lot better now. I have been laid out with a multitude of stuff all shown up on a blood test and I am now rattling like a pair of medication maracas, but I found the energy and, WOW, the enthusiasm to get into the mobile homes to take a few advertising pictures for our web page. We had our friends for supper the other night who are well connected in the D-day events business and asked if we were ready for them to recommend us.  If we can get this bit right we will be booked for the D day week.  We had a potential booking this August which I turned down not knowing whether we would be ready…clever move on my part,  but the gentleman has come back and wants to book us up for 2012. What a relief. 



No comments:

Post a Comment