Monday 7 February 2011

Won't change "the way I tell em"

Well heavens above, after 14 months of not being able to upload pictures I have achieved what I thought was the impossible and here I am in front of one of my fabby little mobile homes and you can now share this happy moment with me.
Moving to France meant that I  lost access to my Apple Mac guru who, at the moment of leaving the UK four years ago had just completed a useful upkeep procedure and everything was working well. I tried to find a mac man in France but with no hope of getting one to commit to a home visit, I tried  two who just fell off the face of the earth and I fell into the very dangerous mind set that if it ain't broke don't fix it. Unfortunately with anything a bit techie, that just won't wash, and in December 2009 I lost the ability to upload pictures which was devastating as I am a picture mad communicator . The one picture of Mike and I on the first of my Blogs  is the last I ever uploaded.  Thank you to Bruised Apple in the UK for sending me all the stuff I needed to upgrade my system and although I know I am at the limit of my machine's capabilities I am glad that I may have some time before I need to buy a new computer to keep up with the technology that is sprinting away just one upgrade in front of me. I feel like I am going to trip over my shoe lases any time now and that will be that, but this faithful old Mac running on steam and plenty of prayer is still good to catch BBC two in the morning and is currently storing 13500 photos, and before you all gasp in horror they are all on disc and also on my web pages in the ether somewhere.
For all you faithful followers of this blog I can now promise you a photo to back up the story although I must admit to having enjoyed finding the words and the turn of phrase to describe the moment but I am now on a role and I don't think a picture is going to change "the way I tell em"

No comments:

Post a Comment