Tuesday 8 February 2011

I will go nuts.

Everything I ever get excited about sooner or later  becomes part of the furniture or the norm and is then taken for granted.  I fear that my darling little cuisiniere has fallen in to the category of the Cinderella at Bucaille. We know she is there and just demand   unfailing  performance.  Today I rushed in at lunch time opened all the vents and buttons, put a pan on for scrambled eggs, thank you to my hens for that, put the kettle on and in a few minutes we  sat down to a hearty lunch. I did it again this evening after a few hours in the garden, I had moved a very large shrub and Mike was mowing lawn, we were running late as I sing tonight so I had to rush in once again open everything up and cooked our dinner. I cannot begin to describe the joy of cooking with the fuel you keep yourself warm with,  it is fundamental, grounded and fulfilling so this journal is dedicated to my duck egg blue cuissiniere who chugs along quite nicely all day and all night with just a little care and attention from Fire Box Mike. She does not always look shiny and bright with some well placed ornament on her she but has become a  hard working part of the kitchen which I absolutely adore to use.
We are coming along nicely with the "cabanes de bucaille" project and I called EDF to arrange for a new branch of electricity to be put at the back of the garden. Should not be too hard to achieve because the pylon is in the garden and we do not fore see any problems. We know it will cost one thousand five hundred Euros to install, and that just blows my head off but as the Maire said , that is the price you pay.  The customer services lady was very friendly and spoke nice and slowly whilst warning me that this process can exceed a three month period at which I took a huge intake of air and she sighed in response and said C'est comme ca. We are now  pre-warned and have no right to get up on our high horses when we get inpatient. The quote for putting water up into the field came in today and that is a cool one thousand five hundres  euros as well, and if I have to write one thousand five hundred euros once more, I will go nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment