Sunday 5 June 2011

Thank you for including us……
















It was Sarah’s birthday on Wednesday and we all went out on a magical mystery tour.  Mike and I followed the Somer’s and Danna, way into the country to a secret location for a picnic and walk in the woods where the Dogs could let off steam.





We have come to the conclusion that with no family about to act as rent a crowd it is important to have a festive moment at every occasion with those who are close by. We are really enjoying the opportunities to get out and celebrate and I am now collecting things to go into my celebration a kit to make a fuss each time we do go out.  Now that I am a successful cuttings person I can give home grown plants as gifts as well and that makes me feel useful and productive.
We had the explorer booked into the local garage to have the bottom swivel thingy replaced but they called to apologise that although they said they could do the work, they can’t. It all came as a bit of a blow because I thought I had sussed the problem and even struck it off the to do list. We have therefore been forced to go to the local Ford garage at double the price, who also say they can do the job but have confessed that they have only ever worked on our explorer. We had the lights converted there two years ago and they still remembered our names so I guess we are embedded on their memories and a bit of a Problem. . 

Yesterday we went to Anna and Williams to feast in true French style on BBQ’d lamb and sausages. The food and wine just kept coming, it was both a delicious and fun al fresco lunch. Anna has a lively neighbourhood crowd and fifty percent of the people at her table were French which gave me a great opportunity to chat and laugh, mostly about my Belgian accent, but I threw my party piece into the conversation by asking what they were all going to do next year when their president is up for re- election, great to throw a cat amongst the pigeons it makes for such great discussion.

We sat out in the sun from midday  until eight thirty in the evening when I finally gave up with smile and laughter hurt sitting at the end of the table listening to a dubious attack of Karaoke and by the time we got up I was tipsy, tired and ready to put my feet up. Luckily, Anna had a power house of friends and family slogging away in the kitchen so I was able to act like lady muck and just enjoy the occasion. Well done Anna, great do, and thank you for including us……





No comments:

Post a Comment