Tuesday 7 June 2011

Light my cuisiniere up again







Help,  I am  jamoholic…..I have harvested 40 pounds of strawberries in that past two weeks and there are still a load ripening. We had friends around for lunch today and they explained how they had no fruit this year so I packed them off home with a punit of mine and the promise of a propagation lesson next month so that they can grow new and luscious plants for next year. Growing strawberries has to be the most fun thing to do if you have a bit of space in your garden.  I have made 14 pounds of jam 2 litres of coolie and we eat them with every meal. I checked my food guru book to make sure that they were not too acidic for our aging joints but my word, it turns out,  they are a magic fruit giving just about everything you need…..no cream, no sugar though. Yeh right





We took the camper van into the local tyre place yesterday and the manager asked us to drive the van in and somebody would see to us shortly.….good,  service and a smile. Fifteen minutes later when the tyre engineer had finally decided to come to see to us he jacked up the van in such a way that it all  looked a bit precarious but, hey, it is his job. He then took the wheel off put it on the tyre changing machine when a couple of men came in who he obviously knew and disappeared around the back of the building with them. We stood there feeling abandoned and thrown on the scrap heap, no longer the customer of the moment and the engineer had decided to go off with another.  After ten minutes I asked the other engineer chappy to see where ours had gone but he was not interested and said he would be back. Sure enough he came back serving another customer who had come in behind us. Sorry guys, but I blew a fuse, and asked if he was going to finish this job and he bit back, oh dear, all the troubles of his day, all the work and no body else to deal with it, all the unfairness but more  sadly for him he had chosen the wrong customer to double cross and I stepped forward and told him to take it up with his boss in the office and get on with the job.  Mike also joined in and swore very loudly in the universal language that every nation in the world  understands and the job got done with no thanks or further interaction. I went to pay and had a  moan to the manager about the tussle I had just had and he went through the whole story again. I intimated that he was bleating to one to gives a dam and  he realised I was an angry customer and not just moaning so he apologised and that was that, so we thought. During the jacking process however the Van had twisted in such a way that Mike’s exhaust pipe repair broke, and as we plan a journey at the end of the week we decided to go to the exhaust people to see how much to put a new system in and I still have the wince on my face when they said they could get it all done by Friday for three hundred and twenty Euro, blast.








And this photo is here just to cheer us all up, I love my kitchen and can’t wait for winter just to light my cuisiniere up again

No comments:

Post a Comment