Friday 7 October 2011

watching the sun go down.



What a treat we have had. The garden looks like it is entering a phase never seen before with belated flowing and the most unexpected revival of plants and bush growth that we thought we had seen the last of. Mike has managed to get a good all over cut on the lawn this week it was a bit touch and go what with his knee still playing up and his temper levels in the stratosphere but we are all much calmer now and the Autumn is welcome and we are ready for it.


The Walnut tree is not promising much this year but that is no shame as Genevieve’s tree is showing off again and I get a bag of nuts a week from her. I can’t wait for my Mum to come and crack them all open for me so it is now an annual in front of the TV job which I must say I do rather well and hardly look down to see what I am doing and don’t miss any programs.  The walnut tree is usually one of our last to come into leaf and the last to shed but this year she is well ahead and is looking very Novemberish in October.


What a smashing surprise we have had with all this warm weather and a late rally by the nasturtiums. They have bulked up and given us a show of colour and refuge for the black fly since June. I promised Mike I would not grow so many next year but for are such an easy plant to grow and never let you down.

And finally the chickens have moved. I was stood in the heneria some weeks back and mentioned to Mike that the chickens have got the best vantage point for enjoying the garden and we both looked at each other and said…’they’re chickens’ we decided we would move them and build ourselves a patio there instead of sitting in front of the house. Today, we had to draw up a precise and accurate action pan to get posts and fencing out of the old Heneriea and into the new without having the chickens and coq running amuck and taking over. So it was him in the pepper shed and the girls in their closed house in position whilst  Mike and I took the poles and wire from the old and built the new. I am delighted with the change, can’t say that for the chick e chicks though they have lost their view and romantic evenings watching the sun go down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment