Sunday 14 August 2011

“Camping chez nous”.



Forgive me…it has been days and days since my last blog.  Mike and I have been busy harvesting and dealing with our visitors, we have eaten far too much and today is our duvet day and I am back on the diet…booo hooo We had to wait for our money to come through this month and this kept us in and away from the shops so as soon as we were flush we were able to pay for the house insurance which reminded us that it is already our fourth moving-in  anniversary to Brevands. It hardly seems possible, when we arrived we thought we may stay for eight years and now we can’t imagine how we could leave the place.
The picture above is of a harvest which is now jarred up as passatta and stashed away with 2011 emblazoned on the label, looking forward to that in the winter months. The bowl however has another story. When Mim was in my kitchen a few weeks ago I explained how my daughter in law Sam loved my Breton bowl so when at a vide grenier my sister saw a similar one and jumped on it and said how great it would be to buy it for Sam, but I took one look at it and decided it had to be mine, it was too boat like, and so me. Sorry Sam,  I am still looking out for you,  but this one is mine, all mine.
I attended a funeral for one of our village folk who passed away last week and I was pleased I went as I was able to touch base with lots of our neighbours and friends around us. Mike stayed home alone with his crock knee so I hung out with Jacqueline and Genevievre and caught up with a load of gossip and news.



I met up with the former owners of our home who were keen to get an invite for coffee and asked when they could pop in so they came a few days later and we all sat in the garden ohhing and aahiing at our progress. M et Mm Leboulanger are kind and gentle folk and although Mike and I have no idea what monsieur is saying as he makes jokes in his Normandy drawl,  madam tries to keep up and translates into a more understandable French but we inevitably end up laughing with him not knowing what we are laughing for.




We had a caravan parked in the garden for a few nights and had the company of Gill Cook and her boys for evening meals and a competitive game of Boule. Gill adopted Debbie’s dog Kes  when she went to Australia so we had lots to talk about and we hope they enjoyed their   “Camping chez nous”.












No comments:

Post a Comment