Monday 3 January 2011

I’ll keep you informed.


Sadly I have had a wobbly start to the new year by falling into a big emotional hole which has engulfed me and as always is effecting the way Mike functions as well.  We had a good new years eve night out with Anna and William and we thank them for sharing the possibility of celebrating new year, French style, then another in UK style one hour later, what a great concept, it  was good fun. I Watched other people bonding with their families and wondered what my lot were up to and I was  aware that there is a huge void where my kids were and I am not going to get over this any time soon. Moving into an easy living, beautiful and inspiring life style does not fill the emptiness of not being needed any more or put in a very special place, and that stings.
Mike and I went out yesterday to collect a house full of window frames, with glass, to enable us to repair the potting shed which is made from very rotten house window frames. This transaction was a Don, which means, for free, so we were very pleased with our lot. We now have a good  project on the go that will cost us very little to complete which is becoming an important requirement for the under aged pensioners that we are, trying to stay busy and productive.
This morning I offered to cut Mikes hair and cut away merrily doing my very best but I miss calculated my skill level today and made an horrendous mess of his head of which he was not at all pleased and fell out of character and became very upset and angry so as there was little I could do,  the hair was on the floor, I went out and Walked HOSS for an hour around our lanes and hedgerow to give Mike the time to calm and regain his poise and me to blame myself and feel like an inadequate hairdressing idiot. I seriously wanted to sulk all day and play victim to my feelings but a call at lunch time from a fellow ex pat selling off his scaffolding mobilised us into getting the trailer down from the top gate parking and following Mike’s new Christmas prezzie GPS to Moon-Sur-Elle to investigate the possibility of replacing  our Barn roof ourselves.
I  had a little rude awakening yesterday when I went to use our debit card and  realised that it would not work because it had expired. I was very angry and frustrated and complained bitterly to Mike and HOSS as to why I had not had a replacement card through the post, as we would from our UK bank or at the very least why the bank had not sent me a letter to say the card was in the bank waiting for my signature,  but you know…..This is France, and if you do not know that your card is about to expire then who’s fault is it………the banks are closed on a Monday so I will go and be, oh so humble, tomorrow in the knowledge that they did not hear what I called them yesterday and I am quite confident that my card will be there waiting my attention…I’ll keep you informed.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Miserable of Normandie
    Hair grows again you know so please don`t worry! Mike will suit a balaclava anyway, it`s still winter and I have some bright orange and neon pink wool to knit him one.
    I know it`s tough to miss your kids but they are all happy and healthy so lets do count your blessings ( this is what I used to do with an old friend that usually got me a slap!)The rule is that you have to have at least 20.
    1.You have a nice duck egg blue log burner
    2.You have that gorgeous swishy hair that no one should be allowed to have
    3.You have a swan
    4.You have a wonderful house
    5.You have a divine family portrait above your fire that I may steal along with the swan
    6.You are the main feeder or all the birds in Normandie and will get an award from the maker`s of bird seed
    7. You have a husband in a bright balaclava
    8.You have a magnificent busom
    9. You are a wonderful wordsmith
    10.Your grasp of French is second to none
    11. You can sing in tune
    12.You have a lovely pointy roof on your barn
    13. You have made Normandie Cider
    14. You are one hell of a gardener
    15.You have a huge hound with an enormous tail
    16.You have a new work station in your kitchen
    17. You have a splendidiferous supply of very alcoholic cherries
    18. You can drive home in the fog and rain
    19.You have an infectous sense of humour
    20.You have enhanced the life of that strange couple in Houtteville by getting to know them
    and there`s more....so stop it now or I will come slap you with a wet lettuce
    Yours Marjorie Proops.

    ReplyDelete